The Mero Enhancement Committee
The Mero Enhancement Committee began operations in 2005 and was registered in 2006. Presently there are ten members and the Executive consists of the following members:
- Josephine Dublin Prince, President
- Sannel Scotland, Vice President
- Martha Sablon, Secretary
- Judith Shipley, Treasurer
- Diana James, Assistant Secretary/Treasurer
- Smith Prince, Public Relations Officer
- Maria Mason
- Thomas Mason
- Skelford Breezie
- Jessie Adams
This group of ten volunteers with wide ranging skills was registered in 2005 and began official business operations in 2006.
The beach project (enhancement facility) is owned by the community and managed by the group. The beach is kept clean and complimented with a sheltered area (gazebo) for rent, as well as toilets, showers, chairs, umbrellas, snorkeling gears for adults and children. Kayaks are also available for rent.